Internet not working while abroad

My iphone 13 constantly does not receive Internet when I travel outside the U.S. The software is updated, I receive texts but no internet. Also, when I try to access a restaurant menu with their QR code, I get a message claiming that Safari is not available and I never use Safari. Looking for advice...

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 14, 2023 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 2:28 PM

You need to contact your carrier to enable access outside of the US; it is not automatic, and there will be substantial additional charges for this “roaming” feature. And you also need to turn on Roaming in Settings/Cellular.

And scanning a QR code with the camera will always open the link in Safari, whether you use it for anything else or not. If you have disabled Safari you will have to re-enable it to scan QR codes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2023 2:28 PM in response to DennisB6060

You need to contact your carrier to enable access outside of the US; it is not automatic, and there will be substantial additional charges for this “roaming” feature. And you also need to turn on Roaming in Settings/Cellular.

And scanning a QR code with the camera will always open the link in Safari, whether you use it for anything else or not. If you have disabled Safari you will have to re-enable it to scan QR codes.

Internet not working while abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.