iPhone 14 warm during use

I recently upgraded from a iPhone 11 to a 14. When using this phone , it seems to get much warmer than the previous one (like whole back gets warm to the touch through the case).

Compared to my previous device, I have a similar case, similar app useage, and close all my apps. Also, the device has been on and working for about a week, so backups and no software updates are being installed.

Just wondering is this is normal for this phone or something to be looked into. Thanks.

iPhone 14

Posted on May 14, 2023 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 3:47 PM

Some activities such as charging or a lot of computational activity, generate heat. Some warmth is to be anticipated.* Read this article about keeping your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

If you think there is a problem with a device, have Apple inspect it. Go to this page to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD) --> Find Locations

How to make a Genius Bar appointment

1. Go to Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2. Go to "Get hardware help".

3. Select your hardware and continue selecting options requiring replacing parts until you see "Bring in for Repair"

4. Sign in with your Apple ID

*"Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges." - from: How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2023 3:47 PM in response to B-DawgyDawg

Some activities such as charging or a lot of computational activity, generate heat. Some warmth is to be anticipated.* Read this article about keeping your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

If you think there is a problem with a device, have Apple inspect it. Go to this page to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD) --> Find Locations

How to make a Genius Bar appointment

1. Go to Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2. Go to "Get hardware help".

3. Select your hardware and continue selecting options requiring replacing parts until you see "Bring in for Repair"

4. Sign in with your Apple ID

*"Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges." - from: How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple Support

iPhone 14 warm during use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.