Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Is there any way to **globally** stop autoplaying songs after finishing a playlist?

Apple music defaults to autoplaying extra songs after my playlist is done. This is a very annoying "feature" as I NEVER want it to play songs other than those on my playlists.

I know I can disable that on a playlist-by-playlist basis, but can I disable it globally, say, in Preferences or somewhere? I curate my playlists for professional reasons, and extra songs really messes with my workflow. Please, AppleMusic, when you get to the end of a playlist, just go back to the top of the playlist instead of suggesting and playing "similar songs your robots think I might like" without my consent. Please return to the playlist behavior ITunes/Music had been for the past 20 years.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 14, 2023 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 11:15 PM

See Use the Playing Next queue in Music on Mac - Apple Support:

1. Note: A song needs to be playing before you can use the Playing Next queue.
  2. Click the Playing Next button , click Playing Next, then do any of the following:
  • Turn Autoplay on or off: Click the Autoplay button  at the top of the queue to turn Autoplay on; click it again to turn it off.
  • When Autoplay is on, the button changes colour.
    • Note: When you turn off Autoplay on a device that uses your Apple ID — your iPhone, for example — Autoplay is turned off on all other devices that use the same Apple ID.

According to this Autoplay appears to be set globally for your Apple ID across all your computers and devices that are using your Apple Music account.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2023 11:15 PM in response to SASPro

See Use the Playing Next queue in Music on Mac - Apple Support:

1. Note: A song needs to be playing before you can use the Playing Next queue.
  2. Click the Playing Next button , click Playing Next, then do any of the following:
  • Turn Autoplay on or off: Click the Autoplay button  at the top of the queue to turn Autoplay on; click it again to turn it off.
  • When Autoplay is on, the button changes colour.
    • Note: When you turn off Autoplay on a device that uses your Apple ID — your iPhone, for example — Autoplay is turned off on all other devices that use the same Apple ID.

According to this Autoplay appears to be set globally for your Apple ID across all your computers and devices that are using your Apple Music account.

tt2

Is there any way to **globally** stop autoplaying songs after finishing a playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.