my iPhone 13 has been stolen yesterday

I’ve tried to locate it by find my

but after a few second my iPhone 13 has been removed from my iCloud

is there any chance to find it ?!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 15, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 1:42 PM

The only way the phone could be removed from iCloud is if you fell for this common phishing scam: You get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

If this is what happened then in addition to not being able to track your phone, all content in your iCloud sync or iCloud backup is now in the hands of the criminal who stole your phone, and Activation Lock has been removed, so your phone can now be safely resold.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2023 1:42 PM in response to nimaesfahani

The only way the phone could be removed from iCloud is if you fell for this common phishing scam: You get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

If this is what happened then in addition to not being able to track your phone, all content in your iCloud sync or iCloud backup is now in the hands of the criminal who stole your phone, and Activation Lock has been removed, so your phone can now be safely resold.

How to track stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.