Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Combine files into PDF

I was following instructions on combining files into a single PDF file. The instructions, from Apple, used Quick Actions, using the Create PDF command. But I don't see that command listed, only Customize. OS Monterey was installed on this 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Max laptop.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on May 15, 2023 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 7:20 AM

The Create PDF Quick Action will not be present until you select more than one PDF, or image file in the Finder and then apply the right-click on the first selection. A resulting PDF will be created at the same location as the first selection using its basename with a 2 appended (e.g. 4pager 2.pdf) in the case of an existing 4pager.pdf.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 7:20 AM in response to Bob Bradley1

The Create PDF Quick Action will not be present until you select more than one PDF, or image file in the Finder and then apply the right-click on the first selection. A resulting PDF will be created at the same location as the first selection using its basename with a 2 appended (e.g. 4pager 2.pdf) in the case of an existing 4pager.pdf.

May 16, 2023 2:12 PM in response to VikingOSX

Hi VikingOSX, thank you for your answer. When I right-click on the first selection, I get a drop-down menu which includes Quick Actions. But when I click on Quick Actions, another drop-down menu appears which contains only Customize... If I click on Customize ..., I can mark Create PDF as an action, but marking that doesn't seem to do anything. Is this a Finder extension; if so how to I install it? And is this something that only exists in OS Ventura? I am running OS Monterey.

Combine files into PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.