Install high sierra

the recovery server could not be contacted‼️

How could I do for use my computer?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2023 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 1:38 AM

rinnatha Said:

"Install high Sierra: the recovery server could not be contacted How could I do for use my computer?"

-------

Installing High Sierra:

A. Use Ethernet:

Using a hardware connection is usually more reliable than a wireless one. Use this adapter, if you have no Ethernet connection: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter - Apple

B. Use Internet Recovery Mode:

Hold these three keys down upon boot: Option-Command-R

C. Use a Bootable Installer:

Go Here: Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support. Using Terminal, you'd connect a USB Flash Drive, and then install it with the following command. You a different back to create one --ask a friend or family member if you may use their Mac to create it. You must have macOS 10.11 El Capitan to perform this creation.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume 
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 1:38 AM in response to rinnatha

rinnatha Said:

"Install high Sierra: the recovery server could not be contacted How could I do for use my computer?"

-------

Installing High Sierra:

A. Use Ethernet:

Using a hardware connection is usually more reliable than a wireless one. Use this adapter, if you have no Ethernet connection: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter - Apple

B. Use Internet Recovery Mode:

Hold these three keys down upon boot: Option-Command-R

C. Use a Bootable Installer:

Go Here: Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support. Using Terminal, you'd connect a USB Flash Drive, and then install it with the following command. You a different back to create one --ask a friend or family member if you may use their Mac to create it. You must have macOS 10.11 El Capitan to perform this creation.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume 

Install high sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.