Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to actually turn off the headphone safety features?

The headphone safety feature keeps cutting my headphones phones down while I’m in the gym working out. Turns out, it’s a “safety feature”. How do I turn off this ridiculous “safety feature”?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 16, 2023 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 9:14 AM

Settings>Accessibility>Hearing>Audio/Visual>Headphone Notifications = OFF

When done, restart your iPhone.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

Jun 11, 2023 12:07 PM in response to ProustGiulio

thank you, finally... "headphone" notice when in fact, phone is connected to speakers, wasted time looking for this and searching different arrangements of options

thank you!

do you know how to turn off google perpetual "sign in" every time I use "contacts"?

google isn't even my primary email but, apple and everyone else making love to google means, I can't eliminate it completely... I was deleting old contacts yesterday, every contact I looked at, I had to close the google message twice...

Dec 12, 2023 10:13 AM in response to Enkei687

i find this feature absolutely ridiculous, because at 65 I still have good hearing and Apple thinks I am not smart enough to know what’s good for me. As an 19 year old Air Force plane mechanic, I wore my ear protection, so this is a bunch of BS, I know when something is too loud. My problem is not head phones, it’s when I hook up to my garage stereo or my wired CarPlay. Then I just have to crank the volume on something else to get a decent sound and the dum *** iPhone with at times turn down the volume. And I know it’s Apple doing it, because plugged in to CarPlay is one volume and Bluetooth is another, with Bluetooth I have to turn the volume down. Already talked with an Apple advisor and no help.

How to actually turn off the headphone safety features?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.