Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Permanent way to block explicit websites on iPhone SE

I am trying to block explicit websites on an iPhone SE.

Have enabled (disabled) everything available on factory installed settings.

User still accesses unacceptable sites on iPhone SE via home WiFi.

Asked Internet provider to help - no success.

Was advised that Apple could provide assistance.

I need a solution, please. TY

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on May 16, 2023 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 3:01 PM

See this:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can chose between Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites. 

Limit Adult Websites will try to filter out Adult websites, while Allowed websites will allow you to set a whitelist of allowed websites.

You can also manually add allowed, and disallowed websites manually.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 3:01 PM in response to gibb38

See this:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You can chose between Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites. 

Limit Adult Websites will try to filter out Adult websites, while Allowed websites will allow you to set a whitelist of allowed websites.

You can also manually add allowed, and disallowed websites manually.

Apr 4, 2024 10:49 AM in response to Androish

How do you add allowed websites to a kids profile? I set up a kid profile to “only allowed websites”. I signed into the ipad under the kid profile. I opened safari and was easily able to access a p-rn site (WTH!) even though i have not explicitly added a single websites I will allow. In fact i could access pretty much anything. I see a place to allow apps, but nothing on websites. Please help!

Permanent way to block explicit websites on iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.