Apple ID is old email address I don't have access to anymore

My Apple ID is an old email address I do not use anymore.

It stopped accepting my password, and now its trying to contact me through that old email address.

How do I fight this?

Posted on May 16, 2023 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 7:41 PM

If Apple tries sending you a verification email and you do not receive it, read this support article --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

"When you make certain updates to your Apple ID, we’ll send you an email to help you complete the update. For example, you might have reset your password, reset your security questions, or added a new email address to your account."

If necessary, contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 7:41 PM in response to Hurls34

If Apple tries sending you a verification email and you do not receive it, read this support article --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

"When you make certain updates to your Apple ID, we’ll send you an email to help you complete the update. For example, you might have reset your password, reset your security questions, or added a new email address to your account."

If necessary, contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

May 16, 2023 7:56 PM in response to Hurls34

Hurls34 Said:

"Apple ID is old email address I don't have access to anymore: My Apple ID is an old email address I do not use anymore. It stopped accepting my password, and now it's trying to contact me through that old email address. How do I fight this?"

-------

Changing the eMail Address:

Open a new eMail and change it to that.

Contact Apple Support.

Have Apple Support change it to what it should be. Ask them why these accounts still show up. If need be, perform a screensharing session with them, so they can see this firsthand, from your perspective. Apple Support is the only official way to get this to stop switching.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

IMPORTANT: Perform a Trail & Error login session, prior to ending the call.

Apple ID is old email address I don't have access to anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.