where does iPhone app play audio?

I have an app for the local radio station. I turn it on and BLAM!, sound comes out of the speakers. What if I just want it to come out of the phone line? That is, I want to hear it, but I don't want to make other people hear it.

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on May 16, 2023 6:33 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

May 16, 2023 7:33 PM in response to Dannymac22

Then technically you’re calling in: which is the only way where you can use the top speaker separately: when your on a call.

And, do you know how abundantly few people would think this is a “wonderful feature which I ought to use?” Of course, I’m talking about holding a phone to your ear for an extended period of time, listening to a radio station. And, holding your phone up to your ear each time an app plays a sound.

This may be Apple’s POV. It just seems unhandy for the user, what you’re suggesting, but to each his own. You can request the feature at the link above.

Good Day!

May 16, 2023 7:37 PM in response to H1290

Um, if I want to listen to an app for a few minutes,, without bothering other people, I have ABSOLUTELY no issue in holding it up to my ear for that length of time. Or if the app has a brief audio message for me. Do you know how abundantly many people might be happy to do that? It's not a "feature", BTW. It's a workaround. Works for me.

where does iPhone app play audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.