Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Radio

Hi.

When I try to listen to the radio in the “Radio” tab of the Music app on my iPhone 11(iOS 15.6), it doesn't work.

If I hit the play button, it turns into the stop button like it's playing but it doesn't actually play. If I hit the stop button, it turns into play for a few seconds, then it turns back into play.

The only station I found that still works is Apple Music 1. I don't have an Apple Music subscription so I can't test the other Apple stations.

I restarted my iPhone and I made sure my volume was turned up.

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 2:42 PM

MrTech_123,

If you ask Siri to "Play TuneIn radio" or "Play Audacy radio" does that play the radio station? That can tell us if your iPhone is connecting to the station to access it.

Try force closing the Music app. Sometimes this can help with the responsiveness of the app and resolve issues. To complete this step, follow the steps below:

iPhone X and later
1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

This is from Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Test and let us know the result.

Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 2:42 PM in response to MrTech_123

MrTech_123,

If you ask Siri to "Play TuneIn radio" or "Play Audacy radio" does that play the radio station? That can tell us if your iPhone is connecting to the station to access it.

Try force closing the Music app. Sometimes this can help with the responsiveness of the app and resolve issues. To complete this step, follow the steps below:

iPhone X and later
1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

This is from Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Test and let us know the result.

Regards.

Apple Music Radio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.