Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Hi there, i have an iphone8 64g and tried to make backup then the file size was 26g.! why the size not as the phone sized which is 60g? can you explain or let me how to make a full backup with all apps and details on my old one?

Hi there, I have an iphone8 64g and tried to make a backup then the file size was 26g.! why is the size not the phone sized which is 60g? Can you explain or let me how to make a full backup with all apps and details on my old one?

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on May 17, 2023 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 9:06 AM

Bear in mind that:

• iOS is never backed up.
  • Apps are never backed up (only their data are saved).
  • If you use to sync Photos/Notes/Calendars/Messages/etc to iCloud, those documents/media are not part of the backup, since they are already on iCloud.

That said, check your internal storage in Settings>General>iPhone Storage and check what you're already syncing to iCloud.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2023 9:06 AM in response to zeyadabdo

Bear in mind that:

• iOS is never backed up.
  • Apps are never backed up (only their data are saved).
  • If you use to sync Photos/Notes/Calendars/Messages/etc to iCloud, those documents/media are not part of the backup, since they are already on iCloud.

That said, check your internal storage in Settings>General>iPhone Storage and check what you're already syncing to iCloud.

Regards

Giulio

Hi there, i have an iphone8 64g and tried to make backup then the file size was 26g.! why the size not as the phone sized which is 60g? can you explain or let me how to make a full backup with all apps and details on my old one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.