Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Authorize / Deauthorize

I have five computers already authorized on my windows PC. I realize that I need to de authorize all to authorize a new one. When I click on "Deauthorize All" will I be shown a window showing a list of my existing authorized PC's or will it immediately deauthorize all?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 17, 2023 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 2:19 PM

It won't give you a list, it will deauthorize all.

Note that you will only need to reauthorized computers that you still have and want to use. It does not apply to iPhones/iPads.

Also see: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 28, 2024 7:12 AM in response to clynnb

If you lost your library card twice in one year they might think it unusual and at least give some consideration before reissuing you a card. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for more background, in particular this comment:

Having used deathorize all you cannot use it again for a year, though Apple Support may be able to perform a reset if you can explain why you need to reuse the feature before it becomes available to you. Reinstalling Windows without deauthorizing first will use up an authorization.

tt2

Jan 28, 2024 6:52 AM in response to DougA11

I realize this is an older thread. I just posted about the exact same issue. I have not accessed my iTunes library for years. I have never deauthorized all my devices at one time. Why is there a restriction on how often you can deauthorize devices that have access to your itunes library? That makes absolutely no sense.

If I lose my library card, do I have to wait a year to apply for a replacement? Its a little different because I paid for the "books" in the library and should be able to access them at any time.

Authorize / Deauthorize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.