Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Extend display for two monitors on macbook air m2 ventura

I want to extend my display to two monitors, one is using VGA and the other is with HDMI. Both monitors are working but they display a duplicate of the same screen. The MacBook only detects both monitors as one. How can I make them separate and extended instead?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 17, 2023 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 5:05 PM

eggloo wrote:

I want to extend my display to two monitors, one is using VGA and the other is with HDMI. Both monitors are working but they display a duplicate of the same screen. The MacBook only detects both monitors as one. How can I make them separate and extended instead?

Exactly what model/year/chip computer do you have? if it is a M2 MacBook Air, only one external monitor is supported.

Connect one or more external displays with your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2023 5:05 PM in response to eggloo

eggloo wrote:

Exactly what model/year/chip computer do you have? if it is a M2 MacBook Air, only one external monitor is supported.

Connect one or more external displays with your Mac - Apple Support

Extend display for two monitors on macbook air m2 ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.