Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

iPhone 14 Pro not connecting to 5G WiFi

So my iPhone 14 Pro is not automatically connecting to my home's 5G WiFi. It happens whenever I switch to mobile data then back to WiFi or everything I turn off my router/modem it won't be able to detect the 5G WiFi network again. I have to restart my phone everytime this happens just so I can connect again to a 5G network.

I've done all the troubleshooting I know, ex: restarting my phone and my router; switching to automatic & manual dns settings; turning off & on the wifi settings, but none of it fixed the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 17, 2023 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 12:29 AM

Hey, I may have a solution as I have been having the same issue. I managed to fix my issue by

1. Going to Privacy and Security in Settings,
  2. Location Services, and enabling location services
  3. Then scrolling down on the same page to System Services (location service page)
  4. In System Services, I have disabled Networking & Wireless (Near the bottom)

For some reason, this setting was causing the 5G WiFi from not showing up. I have tested it for a full day so far, and "Networking & Wireless" setting seems to be the cause for my issue as when I turn it back on, it disables my 5G WiFi (the connection and SSID would disappear in a few seconds after turning that setting on). Hopefully this helps you and others with this issue!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2023 12:29 AM in response to diosacesz

Hey, I may have a solution as I have been having the same issue. I managed to fix my issue by

1. Going to Privacy and Security in Settings,
  2. Location Services, and enabling location services
  3. Then scrolling down on the same page to System Services (location service page)
  4. In System Services, I have disabled Networking & Wireless (Near the bottom)

For some reason, this setting was causing the 5G WiFi from not showing up. I have tested it for a full day so far, and "Networking & Wireless" setting seems to be the cause for my issue as when I turn it back on, it disables my 5G WiFi (the connection and SSID would disappear in a few seconds after turning that setting on). Hopefully this helps you and others with this issue!

iPhone 14 Pro not connecting to 5G WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.