Selective Texts

I have not been able to receive text from business or government sending me pass codes. I get texts from family with no trouble. Any suggestions?

iPhone 12

Posted on May 17, 2023 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 11:38 PM

Generally, those verification codes are sent using Short Code Text Messaging. These short code text messages are received from a 5 or 6 digit phone number. This capability/feature is provided and managed by your carrier. I recommend that you contact your carrier and tell them about not receiving verification codes which may be sent over short code messaging service. Their support team should be able to address this for you and find a resolution.

Axel F.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 11:38 PM in response to Carlitoiskale

Generally, those verification codes are sent using Short Code Text Messaging. These short code text messages are received from a 5 or 6 digit phone number. This capability/feature is provided and managed by your carrier. I recommend that you contact your carrier and tell them about not receiving verification codes which may be sent over short code messaging service. Their support team should be able to address this for you and find a resolution.

Axel F.

May 18, 2023 2:21 AM in response to Carlitoiskale

I am guessing this is because you have not provided the needed information.

Your family members may have iPhones.

For Banks, Business, Government institutions send passcodes to you through SMS...

You may not have an SMS plan enabled by your carrier for the SIM/eSIM that you use on your device. Apple Inc does not provide SMS services.

May 18, 2023 11:34 PM in response to SravanKrA

Appreciate your advice. All of the websites/companies I have gotten texts from them many times before. So it’s strange that my phone is now not receiving from them. Personally, I don’t like the extra layer of security where they text you a code to get to the website. I also tried to have the passcode sent to a different number on a I also tried to have the passcode sent to a different number on an android phone. no luck going that route. Starting to think it’s the carrier that I’m using and they have problems. Thank you I’ll keep trying to solve this problem.

Selective Texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.