Can I export with the following specs without Compressor?

Hello,

A newbie to FCP here, wondering if he might export directly from Final Cut Pro (without Compressor) a video with the following specs:

VIDEO

• Format: QuickTime Movie
  • Compressor: Apple ProRes 422 LT
  • Scan Mode: Interlaced
  • Gamma Correction: None
  • Dimensions: HD 1920x1080
  • Frame rate: 25 fps
  • Field order - Top(upper) field first

AUDIO

• Format: Linear PCM
  • Channels: Stereo(L - R)
  • Rate: 48 kHz
  • Render Settings/Quality: Best
  • Sample Size: 16 bits Integer (Little Endian)
  • Level: - 12 dB

And if the answer is yes, where can I find all the settings mentioned before?

Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 18, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 9:23 AM

You can't see those specs inside FCP.

If you work in an interlaced 25fps 1920x1080 project and export to PRLT that's the spec it uses.

The only element that export can't control is the Level. That's down to you to keep the level the clips at required peak. You can use the levels control, Compressor and/or Limiter effects to help with this.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 9:23 AM in response to florinaron

You can't see those specs inside FCP.

If you work in an interlaced 25fps 1920x1080 project and export to PRLT that's the spec it uses.

The only element that export can't control is the Level. That's down to you to keep the level the clips at required peak. You can use the levels control, Compressor and/or Limiter effects to help with this.

May 18, 2023 9:47 AM in response to florinaron

One slight addition to what Tom said is that the audio may export as 24-bit, instead of 16-bit (if the source media has 24-bit audio, it'll export as such). I'd check with the people you need to deliver this to, as some parts of specs are a "minimum", so they may accept 24-bit audio (which is very common). If they won't accept 24-bit audio, you could create a custom Compressor setting that you could use in FCP.

Addendum: You might want to also consider getting Invisor or MediaInfo, as you could use them to review file specs. (besides levels), after creation as part of your personal "quality assurance" prior to sending things along...

May 19, 2023 6:26 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Lots of thanks to you both for helping me out. I started a test project 25fps 1920x1080 and in Metadata Views/Settings I checked the Deinterlace box and selected Upper First in the Field Dominance Override. Then I exported the project. However, when I used Mediainfo to verify the specs, the Scan Type is Progressive and I can't see the Field Order anywhere. The audio data seems to be alright, except the bit depth is indeed 24 bits, as Davis mentioned.

Can I export with the following specs without Compressor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.