Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Apple Watch stuck in power saver mode

Hey so some times my watch has an issue recharging. The solution is usually reboot the watch. Once watch goes to 1% or below it goes into power saver mode. In this mode there seems to be no way to restart it. It is NOT on charge as I know you can't restart while on charging station. Is there anything i can do. Holding the lower button for 10 seconds doesn't work, nor does holding the top button or both buttons at the same time.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on May 19, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 9:28 AM

If the Watch indicates "1% or below" it must be charged in order to "restart." Depending upon the circumstances, you may have to  "charge your watch for up to 30 minutes."

These two Support Articles may help you understand what is happening

1. If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on
  2. Use Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2023 9:28 AM in response to FennOfToronto

If the Watch indicates "1% or below" it must be charged in order to "restart." Depending upon the circumstances, you may have to  "charge your watch for up to 30 minutes."

These two Support Articles may help you understand what is happening

1. If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on
  2. Use Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch

Apple Watch stuck in power saver mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.