Blocking URL "notifications"

In the last 2 days, I have been inundated with pop-ups saying my MacBook Air is infected (see 1st screenshot). These are alerts "Mac at Risk, MacOS infected, Gmail account alert", etc. In Settings, I noticed the 2nd screenshot showing an Application Notification, “Ask You” that I turned off, but the pop-ups still occur. Is there some way to block the URL (perumoneflaza.com) that is sending these?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 20, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2023 9:33 AM

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2023 9:33 AM in response to torchlite

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

May 20, 2023 1:38 PM in response to torchlite

Browser Notifications are part of the HTML5 standard and Apple is very particular about standards compliance. Having said that I cannot think of a single reason I would ever want to be subjected to such an annoying intrusion. Although I leave Safari's default settings alone (it helps to assist others) when a website asks if I want it to send Notifications my autonomic nervous system tends to react to such requests as it would with any other irritant: NO.

So if I were you I'd remove all of them. But I'm not you.

Blocking URL "notifications"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.