Jio 5g not working

After updating to ios 16.5 5g auto and 5g on option greyed out for Jio sim…unable to use Jio 5g.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on May 21, 2023 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 6:35 AM

I have got jio esim, but its not showing 5g even my mobile supports 5g and the area has 5g coverage. What should be the solution for this???

61 replies

Aug 12, 2023 6:55 AM in response to zaidrk3639

So do not have the complete technical details, but it is not happening to all . I have seen people with Jio sims with 5G working fine after ios 16.6 update on iphone 14 model.

I can definitely say this is caused by software update since, the same Jio Sim was working (5G) with iOS 16.5 but with iOS 16.6 only LTE was enabled.

This could be due to updated security or removal of certain SIM support parameters which disabled 5G. But with new SIM card 5G works again.

The only backdrop is that , Rs 50 was charged by Jio without any explanation of what the actual problem is neither from Apple nor from Jio.

Aug 6, 2023 6:58 AM in response to Siddharthreddy84

Bro then what to do next ? How to resolve this issue ? If it is a JIO problem then all JIO SIM's should have the same result but I don't see that happening. I mean just a week ago everything was working properly fine on iOS 16.5 :(

Do you know any official channel to raise a complaint or a support request? I could not find a relatable option in Apple Support.

Aug 6, 2023 6:40 AM in response to zaidrk3639

Why do I need to do that, Jio Sim was working fine with 5G enabled till 16.6 update was installed on my phone. The SIM Card did not change and what changed is the software i.e. changes over 16.5.

Hence this update, to iOS 16.6 caused the issue. Jio Network should come out with an official statement if SIM card needs to be replaced. The problem is , 16.6 works fine on iphone 14 with Jio Sim, and 5G services are working too.

Also, for some people , Reset Network settings is resolving the issue, but for me none of the given solutions over different blogs are working.

Going to Jio Shop is the last resort, I am baffaled people are accepting this solution :(

Jio 5g not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.