my wife is sharing iCloud storage with me, but can't see each others files

my wife and I are sharing iCloud storage but we can't see each other's files. We would like to be able to access each other's files

Posted on May 21, 2023 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 11:49 AM

For information about privacy when sharing an iCloud storage plan, see the following from: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

If you want to see each other's files, it is done the same way as if you weren't sharing a storage plan. For example, see: Use iCloud to share and collaborate on files and folders - Apple Support

and Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

For shared photos, see: How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 11:49 AM in response to pdwhit

For information about privacy when sharing an iCloud storage plan, see the following from: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

If you want to see each other's files, it is done the same way as if you weren't sharing a storage plan. For example, see: Use iCloud to share and collaborate on files and folders - Apple Support

and Share files and folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

For shared photos, see: How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

my wife is sharing iCloud storage with me, but can't see each others files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.