Having trouble searching for imported video in Photos

Hi,

While browsing Photos in my MacBook Pro I saw an old video that had come off of someone else's device (so, basically I imported it somehow). I did add a "key word" to help me find the video again. A few hours later I can't bring the video up by searching. So, either I THOUGHT I added a key word but I did not - OR there's some other reason - like, I don't know, maybe imported videos aren't included in the search?

Any idea or have I just gone bonkers?

David

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 21, 2023 6:30 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 22, 2023 7:51 AM in response to silver_mica

Have you tried using a Smart Album? You can specify the keyword, there, and maybe get better results. Try the caption and text, too, just in case you put your keyword in the wrong field. If that doesn't work, search for videos, and you can restrict the date range. You may be able to get a small enough group that you can sort through them.

If you used a unique keyword, you could check in Window>Keyword Manager (⌘ k) to see if your keyword has been assigned.

May 22, 2023 11:12 AM in response to silver_mica

Perhaps you made a typo when you typed the keyword or wrote the keyword to a different field, not the keyword field.

Which system version is installed on your Mac? It will depend on the version of Photos, if you can search for a part of the keyword or not. So, to use it in a search, type the full keyword.

And you may need to force Photos to update the library and index the new keyword. Just restart Photos, then a search should be able to find the keyword.

Having trouble searching for imported video in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.