Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

"Movies" folder on finder is empty, how do I find my videos?

When I check under the masters folder of photos in finder, hundreds of photos show up. I've been trying to find the videos stored on my mac, but when I go under the movies folder nothing shows up. Some of the thumbnails of videos show up as photos in this folder.

There are 3 folders under movies: "captures", "TV", and "NVIDIA". If there are videos on my mac would they be in one of these folders?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 5:42 PM

If you're taking video on your phone, it will be in your Photos app. If you sync with iCloud, your videos will upload to iCloud. If you sync other devices with iCloud, your photos will appear in those photos apps.

3 replies

Jul 2, 2023 4:56 PM in response to muguy

I actually didn't intentionally save my videos/pictures anywhere on my laptop, I just assumed that they might've transferred over from my phone on iCloud. Most of my photos and videos are from ~/library and under messages, but the thumbnails that I mentioned are from photoslibrary > resources > derivatives

"Movies" folder on finder is empty, how do I find my videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.