Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

How do I change the weather city on my IPad homepage to my city rather than Cupertino?

How do I change the weather city on my iPad “homepage” to my location city rather than Cupertino?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:33 AM

Perhaps your refer to a Weather Widget. If so, touch-and-hold (i.e., long-touch) the Widget…

To change the displayed location to another city, select Edit Widget, tap Location then select the preferred city or Current Location.

If instead you are attempting to change the list of cities of interest within the Weather App itself - open the Weather App; within the associated sidebar you will see a list a locations for which a forecast has been configured. At top-right of the Weather sidebar, tap the ellipsis (“…”) icon - and from the menu tap Edit List. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 8:33 AM in response to Keliime

Perhaps your refer to a Weather Widget. If so, touch-and-hold (i.e., long-touch) the Widget…

To change the displayed location to another city, select Edit Widget, tap Location then select the preferred city or Current Location.

If instead you are attempting to change the list of cities of interest within the Weather App itself - open the Weather App; within the associated sidebar you will see a list a locations for which a forecast has been configured. At top-right of the Weather sidebar, tap the ellipsis (“…”) icon - and from the menu tap Edit List. 

How do I change the weather city on my IPad homepage to my city rather than Cupertino?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.