Deleting mom’s I cloud account because she passed away last month

How do I delete my mothers account because she is passed away I can’t get her passcode to work I’d like to delete it off this phone and then use this on myself.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on May 22, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 9:11 AM

Sorry for your loss,

Without the passcode you cannot.

You will need to request access to her Apple ID, then restore the iPhone on a computer for factory settings, and then enter the Apple ID and password you have acquired from the previous step to release the iPhone from Activation Lock.

1. How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support
  2. How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once all that is done, then you can request the deletion of her Apple ID / iCloud Account entirely. Make sure you have completely removed the Apple ID from any devices she owned you wish to continue to use. Once the Apple ID has been completely deleted, the devices that remain logged into it will become unusable.

3. How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 9:11 AM in response to Angelofdeath666

Sorry for your loss,

Without the passcode you cannot.

You will need to request access to her Apple ID, then restore the iPhone on a computer for factory settings, and then enter the Apple ID and password you have acquired from the previous step to release the iPhone from Activation Lock.

1. How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support
  2. How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once all that is done, then you can request the deletion of her Apple ID / iCloud Account entirely. Make sure you have completely removed the Apple ID from any devices she owned you wish to continue to use. Once the Apple ID has been completely deleted, the devices that remain logged into it will become unusable.

3. How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Deleting mom’s I cloud account because she passed away last month

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.