How to post to Instagram - thru Photos or do I have to use the Instagram app?

I’m on my iPad Pro and went to Photos, found a photo, then shared it [or thought I did] to Instagram with a summary of what it was about = clicked the Share button and poof = off in the ether. Didn’t see it come up on Instagram - when I select Instagram to share it from/to up pops Post. Story and one other thing = I was doing a Post but it never showed up.

iPad, 16

Posted on May 22, 2023 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 2:18 AM

The app seems to be the easiest way, Victoria.

But I would be cautious - if you look at the list of data collected by the app at the App Store, there is a very long, frightening list. https://apps.apple.com/en/app/instagram/id389801252

On iPadOD 16, when I try to upload directly from my iPad by opening Instagram in Safari, I can no longer get past the page, where I have to allow all cookies. My security Settings in Safari seem to be in conflict with Instagram's requirements.

I am rarely sharing photos on Instagram, only for photo competitions, when they require to share the photos on Instagram. so far, I have only shared to instagram from my Mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 2:18 AM in response to Victoria Herring

The app seems to be the easiest way, Victoria.

But I would be cautious - if you look at the list of data collected by the app at the App Store, there is a very long, frightening list. https://apps.apple.com/en/app/instagram/id389801252

On iPadOD 16, when I try to upload directly from my iPad by opening Instagram in Safari, I can no longer get past the page, where I have to allow all cookies. My security Settings in Safari seem to be in conflict with Instagram's requirements.

I am rarely sharing photos on Instagram, only for photo competitions, when they require to share the photos on Instagram. so far, I have only shared to instagram from my Mac.

How to post to Instagram - thru Photos or do I have to use the Instagram app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.