cant edit texts

i have an iphone 7 and it's been updated to 15.7.6

i have seen other iphones be able to edit their texts that they have sent. i've tried it and it doesnt work. if my phone isnt capable of doing that's fine! i just wanted to know if it's my phone that isn't working right or if it isn't able to sdit texts at all.

Posted on May 22, 2023 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 1:59 AM

To unsend or edit text messages, you must be using iMessage with iOS 16 or later, iPadOS 16 or later, or macOS Ventura. If your recipients have devices with earlier versions of iOS, they receive follow-up messages with the preface “Edited to” and your new message in quotation marks. SMS messages can’t be unsent or edited.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 1:59 AM in response to -b_b-

To unsend or edit text messages, you must be using iMessage with iOS 16 or later, iPadOS 16 or later, or macOS Ventura. If your recipients have devices with earlier versions of iOS, they receive follow-up messages with the preface “Edited to” and your new message in quotation marks. SMS messages can’t be unsent or edited.

cant edit texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.