Airpods Crackling in ANC or Transparency

Why are my airpods crackling in noise cancellation or Transparency mode? They have already been replaced once for this issue and on the replacements have the same problem :( sucks for such an expensive, so called premium product

AirPods Pro

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:53 PM

4 replies

May 22, 2023 11:33 PM in response to Kiwi_Dylan

I would highly recommend heading into your nearest authorised repairer or Apple Store to have the AirPods assessed even if an online apple support representative has told you they are not eligible for replacement, especially if the AirPods are still under warranty.

I always find it helps to speak to someone in person and have them look at the device as it can be quite difficult to diagnose issues over the phone.

Out if interest did the representative you spoke to give you a reason as to why they are not eligible for replacement? Also are these AirPods Pro 1st or 2nd Gen?

May 22, 2023 9:29 PM in response to Kiwi_Dylan

The following page should provide you with information on having the AirPods assessed again. AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues - Apple Support

The page below also includes some troubleshooting steps to do at home to attempts to solve the issue.

If your AirPods Pro (1st generation) make crackling or static sounds – Apple Support (AU)

Airpods Crackling in ANC or Transparency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.