Use iPhone XS Find My app for AirTag precise location?

I have iPhone XS with updated software--does this phone support precision location in the Find My app? I have an AirTag as an Item in the Find My app on my phone. I have Precise Location turned on in the Find My app on my phone. However I do not get the "Find" option for precise location to find the AirTag--I just get "Directions" as an option. AirTag was just purchased within the last week directly from Apple.

Posted on May 22, 2023 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 12:36 AM

Use Precision Finding to pinpoint the location of your item

If you have a supported iPhone model with Ultra Wideband and your AirTag is nearby,1 you can tap Find Nearby to help find it, even if it's stuck between couch cushions or hiding under a stack of mail.

Devices equipped with the Apple-designed Ultra Wideband chip have technology for spatial awareness. Learn which iPhone models and which countries or regions support Ultra Wideband. iPhone XS is not one of them

• Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab.
  • Choose your AirTag, then tap Find Nearby. ... 
  • Follow the onscreen instructions and move around the space until your iPhone connects to your AirTag.
  • Your iPhone displays the distance and direction to your AirTag.

More items...

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 12:36 AM in response to HeyRip52

If you have a supported iPhone model with Ultra Wideband and your AirTag is nearby,1 you can tap Find Nearby to help find it, even if it's stuck between couch cushions or hiding under a stack of mail.

Devices equipped with the Apple-designed Ultra Wideband chip have technology for spatial awareness. Learn which iPhone models and which countries or regions support Ultra Wideband. iPhone XS is not one of them

• Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab.
  • Choose your AirTag, then tap Find Nearby. ... 
  • Follow the onscreen instructions and move around the space until your iPhone connects to your AirTag.
  • Your iPhone displays the distance and direction to your AirTag.

More items...

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

Use iPhone XS Find My app for AirTag precise location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.