There will be sound delay when connecting MACBOOK m1 PRO 16-inch to HOMEPOD2?

My macbook M1 pro is connected to my homepod 2 and when connected to something Apple puts out there is a horrible 1-2 second sound delay. Haven't dealt with this issue for a long time. Can an Apple employee answer us? this problem is annoying.

Posted on May 23, 2023 7:40 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 5, 2024 4:04 AM in response to leroydouglas

This is not helpful.

Multiple ppl over multiple years have called apple support on this. No answers given.

Multiple ppl over multiple years have reported the issue true the feedback app. No solutions.

We would appreciate a real genuine answer of the following questions:

1. Why do ALL our HomePods (mini) from ALL users have an annoying 2 second delay when connected to the Mac (same happens in iPhone)? If we understand why, we at least don't feel gaslighted anymore any time a user brings up the problem.
  2. Will it be fixed?

And yes, it still exists when all is fully updated, reset, restored, turned on and off,...

And no, it's not the wifi connection because the HomePod has no lag when you connect (for example) youtube directly true airplay (on mac in safari) or (other example) when you connect apple music from inside the app (on mac) directly to the HomePod.

I understand that you might not have the answer to the questions. In that case a recognition of the problem and a recognition of there not being a solution, in stead of having to read versions of 'call support', 'Are you running the latest software',... over and over again when a user is bringing up this problem (And then closing or deleting the conversation), would be appreciated.

Screenshotting this.

May 24, 2023 6:54 AM in response to tenya194

tenya194 wrote:

My macbook M1 pro is connected to my homepod 2 and when connected to something Apple puts out there is a horrible 1-2 second sound delay. Haven't dealt with this issue for a long time.

Can an Apple employee answer us? this problem is annoying.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

There will be sound delay when connecting MACBOOK m1 PRO 16-inch to HOMEPOD2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.