Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2-3 second delay in audio with HomePod Mini

Hello,

I am got the HomePod mini hopign to use it for Zoom audio. Using MacBook Pro 13in M1 2020. Big Sur 11.5.2

I have read other threads where there is a 2-3 second delay and this is my case too. Even starting/pauzing Apple music there is a delay and using the HomePod mini as an audio output for Zoom is unusable since you can see the person speaking but the sound doesnt come through immediately like my JBL Flip 4 bluetooth speakers. Any suggestions? I wanna keep the HomePod Mini but this issue needs to be resolved in either the OS

All have the latest software, been restarted, refreshed and re-everything. Still no success. :( Please help.

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 4:54 PM

It depends on what you’re AirPlaying from. YouTube is terrible. I don’t use Zoom so I can’t comment about that. The Apple TV App & Music App should play in sync though. I watch my tv channels on safari browser on mine and it syncs really well. Having said that, I do notice pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding can scramble it.

This would come down to there being a delay in communicating with the servers.

• it would be best to force quit the app or browser you are using and restart the Mac and reboot the wifi for good measure.
  • Close any other Apps you’re not using
  • You can also try restarting HomePod: Open the Home App - Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Do all of the above, then test.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2021 4:54 PM in response to fao128

It depends on what you’re AirPlaying from. YouTube is terrible. I don’t use Zoom so I can’t comment about that. The Apple TV App & Music App should play in sync though. I watch my tv channels on safari browser on mine and it syncs really well. Having said that, I do notice pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding can scramble it.

This would come down to there being a delay in communicating with the servers.

• it would be best to force quit the app or browser you are using and restart the Mac and reboot the wifi for good measure.
  • Close any other Apps you’re not using
  • You can also try restarting HomePod: Open the Home App - Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Do all of the above, then test.

2-3 second delay in audio with HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.