Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No HomePod sound with connecting to iMac

Suddenly no sound HomePod 14.3 after connecting to my iMac macOS Big Sur 11.1 (volume + & - on the HomePod touch screen as normal and iMac sound output activates HomePod)

HomePod, 14

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 2:45 PM

I face similar problem. HomePod (purchased last week) was working on MacOS 11.0.1 on my MacBook Pro. I updated MacOS over the weekend to 11.1 and I cannot get any sound from MacBook to HomePod...

Already did a lot of investigations. My other MacBook Air, with older OS works. so I conclude (a) MacOS upgrade to 11.1 OR (b) some specific harware from MacBook Pro (2017 customized model) is the culprit.

I spend nearly 2 hours with Apple support, nothing worked. Support team will work on this and supposed to come back in 2-3 days. It is disappointing to see Apple products causing trouble like its own products..

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 2:45 PM in response to Douglas 1014

I face similar problem. HomePod (purchased last week) was working on MacOS 11.0.1 on my MacBook Pro. I updated MacOS over the weekend to 11.1 and I cannot get any sound from MacBook to HomePod...

Already did a lot of investigations. My other MacBook Air, with older OS works. so I conclude (a) MacOS upgrade to 11.1 OR (b) some specific harware from MacBook Pro (2017 customized model) is the culprit.

I spend nearly 2 hours with Apple support, nothing worked. Support team will work on this and supposed to come back in 2-3 days. It is disappointing to see Apple products causing trouble like its own products..

Jan 11, 2021 3:05 PM in response to Neo Bekham

Thanks and same issue that I am struggling between HomePod/HomePod_mini and Mac OS 11.1. Sometimes they are working after rebooting two hardwares simultaneously or resetting HomePod by wall power unplugging for 10-sec then press the touch screen on HomePod for 5-sec and resetting beep 3-time. (no issue at all with iPhone) - HomePod software/firmware of WiFi connection should be corrected I guess.

No HomePod sound with connecting to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.