Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to disable Deep Fusion on iPhone 14 Pro Max

I strongly dislike this feature. I never anticipated that taking pictures would become so challenging on this iPhone than ever before. Every moment used to feel wonderful before being processed with the Deep Fusion function. This is not what I desire. I kindly request bringing back the old camera system. I find no value in your AI technology. Samsung phones seem to capture better pictures compared to yours.

Posted on May 23, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 12:53 AM

To turn fusion and auto enhance off for each pic.... swipe/drag left on the camera big white button instead of just pushing on the button. This action turns it off. Hope this helps

Similar questions

18 replies

May 24, 2023 9:06 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you. I understand that this function cannot be disabled currently. My intention is to bring attention to this issue in the hope that Apple may take action to find a solution. I have already submitted product feedback to Apple as well. It is unfortunate that people have to spend additional money just to tolerate the inferior photo quality caused by this unwanted "built-in" function.

May 27, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

It does not only active for low light photos. Today I went to beach and took some photos. It's sunny and the light was efficient. The photos became high contrast, sharpened and noisy right after I shot. I was shooting with Live Photo on so it is obviously that the Key Photo was being processed.

Some may suggest that by selecting other frame as Key Photo can solve this problem. However, the other frame in the Live Photo will be cropped so it is not a good solution. Others may suggest to shoot with RAW; however, the file is larger and it needs additional operation to make it looks like what I expect. Therefore, it is also very inconvenient.

Again, I strongly wish APPLE can CANCEL this function or AT LEAST MAKE IT OPTIONAL.

Dec 8, 2023 11:35 AM in response to NeverGiveUpEverForever

BLESS YOU. You have NO IDEA how many LIVES you just saved with this information. I don't even know how you know this?? Cause I swear to you that I've googled this about 454 times since Deep Fusion was introduced and have already resorted to using non-native cameras (tiktok camera stays UP) and key photos and all the other hacks out there but this is THE ONE. Wow. The amount of time you've given me back. I'm literally here cause I was researching what the best Android camera on the market was cause I'm so fed up I was ready to drop $1k on a new device. Phew!

May 27, 2023 11:55 AM in response to Ankaiiroi

Every digital camera has auto-enhance, because there is variation between CCD sensors, so without post-processing exactly the same scene taken with the same type of devices but on different cameras will all be different. That isn’t the problem; the actual problem is you don’t like the way it has enhanced your photos. But there is a photo editor on your phone that you can use to change the way it was enhanced.

Apr 2, 2024 2:38 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

The photo editor cannot change the way the photo was enhanced by the camera’s post processing. Even with ProRAW post processing is still applied after a photo is taken and the original data captured by the sensor is overwritten. You can literally see it happening on the screen after you take the photo. The whole point of RAW would be to have the original sensor data and zero processing or the ability to revert the post processing to the original sensor image set. But this is not the case on iPhone. Apple wants to cover up noise and lens manufacturing differences by applying masking and sharpening which also reduces a lot of detail. This is what everyone is complaining about.

How to disable Deep Fusion on iPhone 14 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.