itunes

I cannot search my iTunes library for specific songs. The default is the iTunes store. On the upper right-hand side of the screen there used to be a way to toggle between Library/iTunes/Music and that has disappeared. No matter how I click on the search bar on the left-hand side it only allows me to search the iTunes store.

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 8:02 AM

There is an incredibly small and faint “back” arrow that appears adjacent to the search box on the left. When pressed the screen reverts to one where the 3 toggle switch for library/store/music appears on the right side of the screen as it should. It was making me crazy but with patience, fortitude and luck I was finally able to resolve the issue. Thanks for your kind assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 8:02 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

There is an incredibly small and faint “back” arrow that appears adjacent to the search box on the left. When pressed the screen reverts to one where the 3 toggle switch for library/store/music appears on the right side of the screen as it should. It was making me crazy but with patience, fortitude and luck I was finally able to resolve the issue. Thanks for your kind assistance.

May 24, 2023 6:37 AM in response to LtlantneeM

The screenshot is showing the Recently Added selection. The Library/Itunes/Music toggle only appears when the Search field is selected showing a cursor. As soon as you select another option in the sidebar the toggle goes away.

Assuming you still don't get the toggle when in the Search field, I would update the OS if this is on your Mac mini using 12.2. If you Mini is before 2018, then the Monterey OS can still be updated to 12.6.6. If it is 2018 or later, then you can use Ventura.

I can confirm on Ventura 13.4 that the toggle is still there when the Search field is selected.

Have you tried a restart?

itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.