Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Email

Beginning this morning I’m getting a message at the bottom of my screen when checking emails it says error. It also tells me to go to email accounts and enter a supposedly missing password. I don’t understand because nothing has been done in regards to passwords or email accounts and when I go to accounts email accounts that is there’s no place to put a password. I can’t receive my emails until this is resolved. Please help.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on May 23, 2023 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 3:57 PM

Fred-0154-eggcup wrote:

Beginning this morning I’m getting a message at the bottom of my screen when checking emails it says error. It also tells me to go to email accounts and enter a supposedly missing password. I don’t understand because nothing has been done in regards to passwords or email accounts and when I go to accounts email accounts that is there’s no place to put a password. I can’t receive my emails until this is resolved. Please help.

You can try deleting and reinstalling the mail account.

Or your mail provider now requires you to use 2 factor authentication when using a 3rd party app. Talk to your mail provider or look at their help site.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 3:57 PM in response to Fred-0154-eggcup

Fred-0154-eggcup wrote:

You can try deleting and reinstalling the mail account.

Or your mail provider now requires you to use 2 factor authentication when using a 3rd party app. Talk to your mail provider or look at their help site.

Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.