Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Delete, or at least hide the messages app in Ventura

Hi community! I wish to work on my mac studio, without ever getting a notification that I've received messages on my phone. I have searched everywhere I can, and have not found a solution. I've tried:

• signing out
  • removing the messenger app from the doc
  • turned off notifications for messages in System Settings

It appears that I cannot simply delete the messages app in ventura, but please correct me if i'm wrong. Even after taking these steps, each time a message goes to my phone, the messages app appears in my dock with a bubble, which I find distracting... and I don't want it! Can you help me?

OS 13.0

M1 chip mac studio

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on May 23, 2023 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:22 PM

To stop receiving messages on your Mac try the following:

1. Open up Messages on your Mac
  2. Go to the Message Menu and select 'Settings'
  3. Select the 'iMessage' Tab
  4. Uncheck Enable Messages in iCloud
  5. Choose 'Sign Out'

Following this, remove iMessages from your toolbar by secondary clicking on the icon in the toolbar and selecting 'Options' > 'Remove from Dock'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 9:22 PM in response to Peter Litvin

To stop receiving messages on your Mac try the following:

1. Open up Messages on your Mac
  2. Go to the Message Menu and select 'Settings'
  3. Select the 'iMessage' Tab
  4. Uncheck Enable Messages in iCloud
  5. Choose 'Sign Out'

Following this, remove iMessages from your toolbar by secondary clicking on the icon in the toolbar and selecting 'Options' > 'Remove from Dock'

Delete, or at least hide the messages app in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.