Messenger notification on lock screen can't be removed

I have turned off all notifications in the settings for Messenger, but still I am getting their prompt on my lock screen and I want to remove it.

Does anyone know how I can remove the Messenger prompt about unread messages? I will just delete the app if not.

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 10:54 PM

It appears that you have the Facebook Messenger widget installed with the Wallpaper. This is why you are unable to remove it from the Lock Screen. You can remove that widget from Wallpaper setup.

Open Settings ➡️ Wallpaper: Here, tap on the Wallpaper and then Touch and Hold on the Facebook Messenger widget until you see the minus - signs. Tap on that minus sign next to the widget you want to remove.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 10:54 PM in response to awetherell1

It appears that you have the Facebook Messenger widget installed with the Wallpaper. This is why you are unable to remove it from the Lock Screen. You can remove that widget from Wallpaper setup.

Open Settings ➡️ Wallpaper: Here, tap on the Wallpaper and then Touch and Hold on the Facebook Messenger widget until you see the minus - signs. Tap on that minus sign next to the widget you want to remove.

Axel F.

Dec 16, 2023 12:23 PM in response to Axel Foley

I'm having the same problem of notices showing missed calls that occur in messenger, appearing on the screen on my iMac and I don't have any thing called Wallpaper that I can find anywhere in system settings on this iMac.

I guess removal of messenger from the computer may be the only solution?

NOTE:

Please forgive the likely numerous typos, I am visually impared, typing without benefit of sight. Thank you.

Messenger notification on lock screen can't be removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.