Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

SD Card Problems after OS Update to Ventura 13.4 (22F66)

I have upgrade to Ventura 13.4 (22F66)

After the this the SD Card Reader don't detect any SD Card.

Neither Disk Util nor Finder in other Devices the SD-Cards are detected

Any suggestion ?

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 4:29 AM

jrtnet Said:

"I have upgrade to Ventura 13.4 (22F66): After the this the SD Card Reader don't detect any SD Card. Neither Disk Util nor Finder in other Devices the SD-Cards are detected

———-

Troubleshooting macOS Updates:

You're Not the Only One:

I'm seeing quite a few report of this on these forums.

So, Inform Apple of This:

Do your Part. Give Apple feedback on this. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what issues are occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple Music - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Browse" for "What Apple Music feature is your feedback about?"
  4. Comment: one when you came across this issues, wand how you have troubleshoot it this far
  5. Proceed from there as necessary
15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 4:29 AM in response to jrtnet

jrtnet Said:

"I have upgrade to Ventura 13.4 (22F66): After the this the SD Card Reader don't detect any SD Card. Neither Disk Util nor Finder in other Devices the SD-Cards are detected

———-

You're Not the Only One:

I'm seeing quite a few report of this on these forums.

So, Inform Apple of This:

Do your Part. Give Apple feedback on this. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what issues are occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple Music - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Browse" for "What Apple Music feature is your feedback about?"
  4. Comment: one when you came across this issues, wand how you have troubleshoot it this far
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

May 23, 2023 9:52 PM in response to jrtnet

jrtnet Said:

"I have upgrade to Ventura 13.4 (22F66): After the this the SD Card Reader don't detect any SD Card. Neither Disk Util nor Finder in other Devices the SD-Cards are detected"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

May 24, 2023 8:09 AM in response to jrtnet

jrtnet Said:

"I have upgrade to Ventura 13.4 (22F66): I have solved the problem the security setting have been changed ..... I have enabled the lockdown mode and before the update when insert a sd Card and accept I want allow the access to the sd card it was granted . after the upgrade not .

———-

Excellent Job Troubleshooting!

Thank you for providing the solution. Doing so will help many for certain.

What is the source of where you found the solution?

Jul 2, 2023 12:55 PM in response to jrtnet

Weird. I'm still having the same issues. Well to be honest I don't know if this is due to the new updates since I never used SD card reader before, but at the moment my Macbook PRO 2021 M1 can't recognise any cards. Tried to solution with setting to 'always' but still no sign of recognition.

Have latest 13.4.1 (22F82).

Note: There is another macbook pro 2021 m1 in the house with older versions and all the cards works perfectly. I hope this is due to the software...

SD Card Problems after OS Update to Ventura 13.4 (22F66)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.