Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to add A1C results to Apple Health app?

I’m trying to add my A1c results from testing not done through a lab but the Health App does not seem to allow the user to add that data. Other categories say “add data point” at the top, but I do not see that for this category and a few others. I have data from LabCorp tests in my health records part but I can’t seem to add new data.

I understand that LabCorp data is part of my official Health record. But just like my blood glucose readings the health app allows the user to add their own data. Is this a missing item or am I just not finding the right place to enter it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 24, 2023 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2024 10:30 AM

I have the same problem. I just measured my A1C with the A1C Now kit and I would like to add this to my health records. This is a gap, not all lab results will flow in through portals. I understand there might be data integrity questions, but manually added data could be flagged as such but still show up in my data. I really want ONE place to store my health data, which is the promise of Apple Health.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2024 10:30 AM in response to RosemaryB

I have the same problem. I just measured my A1C with the A1C Now kit and I would like to add this to my health records. This is a gap, not all lab results will flow in through portals. I understand there might be data integrity questions, but manually added data could be flagged as such but still show up in my data. I really want ONE place to store my health data, which is the promise of Apple Health.

May 24, 2023 6:17 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you, but I understand what A1C is, which was why I inquired about that and not just glucose. This was a test completed by nurses through my employer using blood and an instrument to specifically calculate A1C. Other instruments calculated blood glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. Being it was done on site, no lab was involved.

May 24, 2023 6:08 AM in response to OBX_J

I have not come across any instrument which can measure HbA1C at the home level. Neither there is any place to record this in the Health app.

Calculating the daily average Random Blood Sugar (RBS) values for three months is not equivalent to measuring HbA1C (glycated hemoglobin) levels.

It's also worth mentioning that measuring HbA1C typically requires a blood sample and laboratory analysis, which is usually performed by healthcare providers. These lab tests provide the most accurate and reliable results.

Mar 18, 2024 9:39 AM in response to OBX_J

I would like to track this in the Health app as well. I'm pre-diabetic, so daily glucose isn't indicated for me, but I am in an intervention program which means I'm getting this tested quarterly. I'd like to track it in the app without resorting to adding the "approximate average glucose over the past 90 days" number to each of the 90 days in a quarter.

Jan 2, 2024 8:03 PM in response to OBX_J

I understand what you are asking for. It currently is not available for manual add. Or if you use a provider that has test results not able to sync with Apple Health either. So I have the Quest Diagnostics app installed and sharing with Apple Health. I specifically ask my doctor to request my annual blood/lipid panel be ordered at Quest then all the results instantly sync in my Health app. The other quarterly results don’t get in there which sucks but at least I get 1 imported.

How to add A1C results to Apple Health app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.