connecting MyChart to Apple Health?

Is it possible to connect the MyChart app to my Apple Health so my health information is shared with my doctor?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 1:25 PM

This is an old question, but I'm working on this as well, so first what should be the answer:

Yes, at least for most organizations that use MyChart, although you do this through the Health app not the MyCHart app.

If you go to the Apple Health app, under the Browse tab, and scroll down to the bottom, it should have a section for external accounts. Tap Add Account, then search for your specific organization in the list. It won't show MyChart by itself, there's an item for every org that uses MyChart, and I believe you need to select the one that you're using specifically. Once you select the organization you should be prompted with a MyChart login, and once authorized Apple Health should download everything existing and new.

That said, after years of working smoothly, my account stopped syncing some time between February and April this year, and I'm now unable to get it reconnected--I just get the completely unhelpful message "An error has occurred." when I get to the login step in Apple Health, and it's a dead-end from there. Not even any help that I can find.

Hopefully others have better luck than I do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2023 1:25 PM in response to jhicks38

This is an old question, but I'm working on this as well, so first what should be the answer:

Yes, at least for most organizations that use MyChart, although you do this through the Health app not the MyCHart app.

If you go to the Apple Health app, under the Browse tab, and scroll down to the bottom, it should have a section for external accounts. Tap Add Account, then search for your specific organization in the list. It won't show MyChart by itself, there's an item for every org that uses MyChart, and I believe you need to select the one that you're using specifically. Once you select the organization you should be prompted with a MyChart login, and once authorized Apple Health should download everything existing and new.

That said, after years of working smoothly, my account stopped syncing some time between February and April this year, and I'm now unable to get it reconnected--I just get the completely unhelpful message "An error has occurred." when I get to the login step in Apple Health, and it's a dead-end from there. Not even any help that I can find.

Hopefully others have better luck than I do.

connecting MyChart to Apple Health?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.