Macbook pro 2021 m1 falls asleep randomly

A couple of days ago my mac was on the charger and was 100% charged, but I didn't turn it off from the charger because I was watching a show, at one point the screen just went out and turned on, as if it had fallen asleep and woke up

After 5 minutes the screen went out completely and the mac stopped responding to the touchpad and keyboard

Rebooting didn't help revive it but I plugged an external mouse into the mac and tried to wake it up, this worked but the keyboard didn't work as before, I realised it was falling asleep and waking up randomly on its own

I had to take it to the service, they removed the cover and disconnected the mouse and keyboard and reconnected it and it worked, but after a few hours it started to fall asleep and wake up randomly again

This is unbearable.

I have the latest version of Mac installed and all the applications on my laptop are up to date and I have no idea what this is about

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on May 24, 2023 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 11:00 AM

Myatnaya wrote:

A couple of days ago my mac was on the charger and was 100% charged, but I didn't turn it off from the charger because I was watching a show, at one point the screen just went out and turned on, as if it had fallen asleep and woke up

After 5 minutes the screen went out completely and the mac stopped responding to the touchpad and keyboard

Rebooting didn't help revive it but I plugged an external mouse into the mac and tried to wake it up, this worked but the keyboard didn't work as before, I realised it was falling asleep and waking up randomly on its own

I had to take it to the service, they removed the cover and disconnected the mouse and keyboard and reconnected it and it worked, but after a few hours it started to fall asleep and wake up randomly again

This is unbearable.

I have the latest version of Mac installed and all the applications on my laptop are up to date and I have no idea what this is about

I would take it back if they did not fix the issue.

Check your coverage — see Recent Activity

My Support - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 11:00 AM in response to Myatnaya

Myatnaya wrote:

This is unbearable.

I would take it back if they did not fix the issue.

Check your coverage — see Recent Activity

My Support - Official Apple Support

Macbook pro 2021 m1 falls asleep randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.