I’m having problems in turning on my MacBook Air

I tried to run a hardware test by holding D at startup and a little earth sphere showed up followed by:

Error: 0x8000000000000003, Cannot load efi/drivers/testsupport.efi

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 24, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Greetings

If Mac handle well then it's so-so but ok. On my old MBP I wasn't able to boot into Internet Recovery Mode, but the rest is ok and Mac still in working shape.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Restart your MacBook Pro: Start by restarting your MacBook Pro and try running the hardware test again by holding down the D key at startup. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues.
  2. [for Intel ones] Reset NVRAM (non-volatile random-access memory): Resetting the NVRAM can help clear certain settings that may be causing the problem. To do this, restart your MacBook Pro and immediately hold down the Option + Command + P + R keys until you hear the startup chime for the second time. Then release the keys and allow your MacBook Pro to continue starting up.
  3. Update macOS: Ensure that your MacBook Pro is running the latest version of macOS. Go to the Apple menu () in the top left corner, select "System Preferences," and choose "Software Update." Install any available updates and then attempt to run the hardware test again.

Sometimes it's possible when some itchy hands played through Target Disk Mode

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 10:53 AM in response to smart221

Greetings

If Mac handle well then it's so-so but ok. On my old MBP I wasn't able to boot into Internet Recovery Mode, but the rest is ok and Mac still in working shape.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Restart your MacBook Pro: Start by restarting your MacBook Pro and try running the hardware test again by holding down the D key at startup. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues.
  2. [for Intel ones] Reset NVRAM (non-volatile random-access memory): Resetting the NVRAM can help clear certain settings that may be causing the problem. To do this, restart your MacBook Pro and immediately hold down the Option + Command + P + R keys until you hear the startup chime for the second time. Then release the keys and allow your MacBook Pro to continue starting up.
  3. Update macOS: Ensure that your MacBook Pro is running the latest version of macOS. Go to the Apple menu () in the top left corner, select "System Preferences," and choose "Software Update." Install any available updates and then attempt to run the hardware test again.

Sometimes it's possible when some itchy hands played through Target Disk Mode

I’m having problems in turning on my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.