Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I have charges I don't recognise from Apple

I haven’t downloaded any app, I haven’t bought anything. There is no reason my money should have been taken. I have Pokémon go and my card was off the Apple account. I only have $19 in my account and felt the need to check. It said to update, it needed my card. I put it in and immediately took my card back off. There was no email saying what it was for but my bank account says Apple took it. I don’t understand why this happened

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on May 24, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 12:54 PM

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to information about charges to your account. Apple has a support article about charges — see each of the steps in the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help. See: If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 12:54 PM in response to cherokee131

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to information about charges to your account. Apple has a support article about charges — see each of the steps in the following instructions. They include information on contacting Apple Support if the other steps don't help. See: If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

May 24, 2023 1:18 PM in response to cherokee131

The important part described in that article is "view your purchase history." Do that. 

If Apple does NOT show a record of the purchases, then it is likely that some scammer has gained access to your credit card bank number and is pretending to be Apple. It is a common scam.

If the Apple purchase history shows the charges, then a friend or family member may have access to your credentials. Continue with instructions in the article.

I have charges I don't recognise from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.