Apple TV4k Rewinds on its on

Recently I've started having the issue of my Apple TV4k rewinding on its on. It happens on several apps Fubo, Hulu, YouTube, Apple TV+, Netflix. When watching a show all of a sudden it just starts backing up to the beginning as if someone was sitting on the remote. Even on the home screen, it will move to the left side of the screen. Very strange. It happens at random times. Sometimes it will do it immediately, and sometimes it may be an hour or so before it starts doing it. After several support attempts with Apple, they thought it may be a bad remote and sent me a new one. I paired the new remote and it started doing it again. It only happens with the Apple TV in my Living Room. I have 5 other Apple Tv's in the house and they all work perfect. Apple's latest advice it to ship my Apple TV off to an Apple Store to let them look at it. The nearest Apple store is almost 2 hours away from me.

Anybody have any suggestions on this???

I then started to notice that my AC Central unit was right outside the window behind the tv just a few feet away. So I moved the Apple TV box and also moved the power strip its all connected to away from each other. I don't know if this is a fix or not but I'm trying anything at this point. I'll let you all know if I come up with a solution.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on May 24, 2023 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 3:50 PM

Weird. I suspect that your Siri Remote has gotten confused (again) and is randomly sending rewind commands to the ATV4K. This happens, although rarely (I've had to redo the pairing of my remote twice now over two years). Perhaps lightning has struck twice for you?

The likely fix is to reset the remote and redo the pairing to your ATV4K. I suggest you go straight to the last procedure in this Apple Support article: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support.

What's your hardware setup? TV brand/model? Any soundbar or AVR?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 3:50 PM in response to priester68

Weird. I suspect that your Siri Remote has gotten confused (again) and is randomly sending rewind commands to the ATV4K. This happens, although rarely (I've had to redo the pairing of my remote twice now over two years). Perhaps lightning has struck twice for you?

The likely fix is to reset the remote and redo the pairing to your ATV4K. I suggest you go straight to the last procedure in this Apple Support article: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support.

What's your hardware setup? TV brand/model? Any soundbar or AVR?

Apple TV4k Rewinds on its on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.