📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix vertical lines on MacBook Pro M2 2023

I have purchase a MacBook Pro M2 Max 16" the computer is almost 4K after tax.

the computer is only 3 days old and I been experiencing Horizontal lines and magenta screen in the display.

I also want to mention that I have got 2 replacements and they all have the exact same issue.

Does anyone is experiencing this issue?

usually this problem happens when the battery goes dead and the computer shut down.

Once I connect the charger, and I turn the computer back on the loading screen shows normal, but after, I sing in with my password on the next screen then the horizontal lines begin to appear.

The computer load the IOS system and a magenta screen begins to show on the of the screen and a pixel rectangle shows in the middle of the screen that does not go away unless I restart the computer.

I'll attach the pictures from 3 different computers all MacBook Pro M2 Max 2023 with the exact same issue.

Is apple doing something for this matter? because I don't see any recall.

I have brought the precious replaced computer to the Apple Store and they blame everything except that the lates model MacBook Pro are defective.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on May 24, 2023 10:42 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

May 24, 2023 10:51 PM in response to Daya1206

Daya1206 Said:

"I have Bought a MacBook Pro M2 2023 and vertical lines are showing after 3 days of owning the computer.: [...]Does anyone is experiencing this issue?[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Yes. I've been through something similar...

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

Based on Personal Experience...

Getting the Screen Replaced:

As for getting this serviced, do you have AppleCare+ with this? Apple gives you a one-year, out-of-the-box limited warranty for defective items. Either way (warranty-covered or not), have Apple perform the replacement. If there are no nearby stores, or if you cannot get to one on your own, then have Apple ship you a box. You'd ship it to them, and they include instructions of what to do before sending it in. During the days of COVID, I had to send in my laptop 11 times, due to a loose connection between the LogicBoard and the screen. Being an absolutely defective device(nothing on my part), and patient, Apple gave me a free $2,500 USD upgrade, for just the price of the AppleCare+ I purchased with it.

First, Try Activating a Chat Session:

1. Go to: getsupport.apple.com
  2. Select: Music, Apps & Services
  3. Select: iTunes Store
  4. Select: Subscriptions & Purchases
  5. Select: View, change, or cancel subscriptions
  6. Select: No Thanks. Continue.
  7. Click: Chat

If a Chat does not Activate, Call Apple Phone Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • What the Wait?: It may take a while to get through to Apple Support. And that makes sense because many are at home at the moment working out of the house or taking classes at home (due to the Coronavirus Pandemic), thus giving them more time to contact Apple Support. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

May 24, 2023 10:58 PM in response to Daya1206

Daya1206 Said:

"I have Bought a MacBook Pro M2 2023 and vertical lines are showing after 3 days of owning the computer.: [...]Does anyone is experiencing this issue?[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Mirror this Display:

If you need to use this Mac while in this screen issue, connect an external display, and mirror the screen to it. Plug it in, using this adapter: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple. Then mirror the screen with either of these key combos, depending on whether or not your have a touchpad:

• With Touchpad: [command + dim light key]
  • Without Touchpad: [command + F1]

Jan 21, 2024 8:52 AM in response to Daya1206

Daya1206--

if you would like help identifying the add-ons or issue that might be causing this issue, please download and run this little "discovery" utility, Etrecheck. it changes NOTHING, and does not even need to be installed.

it purpose is to create a report of what is happening on your Mac, including a few tests, and can be posted back to a reply on the forums IF and only if you follow the directions faithfully.

Use the Share Icon to save a copy of the sanitized report to the System ClipBoard. then start a reply on the frourmsj and use this icon to open a special sub-window to accept the report, and PASTE it into the reply:

May 25, 2023 5:50 AM in response to Daya1206

The screenshots you provided do NOT appear to be display defects in my opinion.

They are far more likely to be software issues or conflicts.

Re: power and battery operation:

Your mac is a battery-capable device. it is not expected to be used only on battery all day until the battery goes dead. (it is not an iPhone.)

Your mac uses 'smart charging' to begin to charge the battery ONLY when needed. Supplying power does NOT start a battery charge cycle, unless charging is necessary. Your mac can run faster with the power adapter connected. Your Mac will NEVER over-charge.

When AC power is available, your should always connect the power adapter.

How to fix vertical lines on MacBook Pro M2 2023

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.