how to add medical cards (etc.) to Apple Wallet?

My Apple Wallet will let me add a debit card, a transit card, or a driver's license.

BUT:

It will not let me add a card proving I have a medical implant

It will not scan both sides of a WI state drivers license -- It takes side 1, not side 2.

It will not let me add a transit card for Washington DC Metro.

How can I add these things?

I'm running iOS 15.7.6 on an iPhone 7s.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 25, 2023 3:39 PM

8 replies

May 25, 2023 4:26 PM in response to Metal_bender

Metal_bender Said:

———-

Troubleshooting Adding Cards to Apple Wallet:

A. Start Here: If you can't Add a Card to Apple Wallet to Use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

No success?...

B. For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

May 29, 2023 3:11 PM in response to Metal_bender

Metal_bender Said:

how to add medical cards (etc.) to Apple Wallet?: Your answer is useful if the issue is adding credit cards to the Wallet. Which, sorry, is not the issue here.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Wallet:

If are not up to contact Apple Support on this, then report it to Apple.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option and why. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

May 29, 2023 1:37 PM in response to TheLittles

Your answer is useful if the issue is adding credit cards to the Wallet. Which, sorry, is not the issue here. My wallet contains a copy of my Covid-19 vaccination history, membership in some professional societies, insurance 'evidence' for the car, and like that. It would be nice to have pictures of these things in one place -- such as my Wallet app. I mean, otherwise it's somewhere in Pictures. Somewhere.

Can this be done? How?

May 30, 2023 4:02 PM in response to Metal_bender

Metal_bender wrote:

My Apple Wallet will let me add a debit card, a transit card, or a driver's license.
BUT:
It will not let me add a card proving I have a medical implant
It will not scan both sides of a WI state drivers license -- It takes side 1, not side 2.
It will not let me add a transit card for Washington DC Metro.

How can I add these things?

I'm running iOS 15.7.6 on an iPhone 7s.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.