Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Can I download Apple apps on a Windows computer?

Can you use an apple iPads apps on a windows desktop. Or can I download apple apps on a windows computer and the app works

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 6:16 PM

At this stage there is no way to install an application intended for iPadOS on a Windows Machine.

There are a few reasons for this including that the machines do not run on the same architecture which leaves apps that are intended to run on iPadOS incompatible with windows even if you do manage to get the app files onto a windows device.

Some apps do offer Windows counterparts that are installable on their website or via an App Store on windows.

It is important to remember that installing software that is intended for use on iPadOS on a windows device is in breach of Apple's terms of service. Legal - Software License Agreements - Apple (However I am not a legal professional and would suggest you seek proper legal advice regarding the TOS)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2023 6:16 PM in response to mrssparky10

At this stage there is no way to install an application intended for iPadOS on a Windows Machine.

There are a few reasons for this including that the machines do not run on the same architecture which leaves apps that are intended to run on iPadOS incompatible with windows even if you do manage to get the app files onto a windows device.

Some apps do offer Windows counterparts that are installable on their website or via an App Store on windows.

It is important to remember that installing software that is intended for use on iPadOS on a windows device is in breach of Apple's terms of service. Legal - Software License Agreements - Apple (However I am not a legal professional and would suggest you seek proper legal advice regarding the TOS)

Can I download Apple apps on a Windows computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.