can i download my iPad apps onto my macbook

over the years i have bought several apps for my iPhones & iPads. now i have a macbook and would like to transfer those apps to my computer. is that possible?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 6:00 PM

Some iPhone and iPad apps will run on Apple-Silicon-based Macs. It is a developer's choice whether to allow this, and not all do. (Especially if they already have both Mac and iPhone/iPad versions of their apps.)

If you have an Apple Silicon Mac, see:

Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

How well the user interface translates to the Mac may depend both on the app, and on whether the developer put any effort into trying to customize the user interface for each platform.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2023 6:00 PM in response to Chadtheconvict

Some iPhone and iPad apps will run on Apple-Silicon-based Macs. It is a developer's choice whether to allow this, and not all do. (Especially if they already have both Mac and iPhone/iPad versions of their apps.)

If you have an Apple Silicon Mac, see:

Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

How well the user interface translates to the Mac may depend both on the app, and on whether the developer put any effort into trying to customize the user interface for each platform.

can i download my iPad apps onto my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.