ICloud photos stored as part of Family Sharing - What happens when removed a member?

I have accidentally removed from wife from Family Sharing and she was storing photos on icloud using the family sharing. Photos seems to have disappeared now completely. Is there a way to retrieve the photos that she was stored in Icloud?

Thanks

Tiago

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on May 26, 2023 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 3:13 AM

According to several articles I found on Apple’s website state the following:

• If the participant has been in the Shared Library for more than seven days, all of the shared assets are automatically copied to their Personal Library. 
  • If they've been in the Shared Library for less than seven days, only the photos and videos that they contributed are copied to their Personal Library.

How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

Leave iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

i hope this is helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 3:13 AM in response to TiagoRibeiro88

According to several articles I found on Apple’s website state the following:

• If the participant has been in the Shared Library for more than seven days, all of the shared assets are automatically copied to their Personal Library. 
  • If they've been in the Shared Library for less than seven days, only the photos and videos that they contributed are copied to their Personal Library.

How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

Leave iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support

i hope this is helpful.

ICloud photos stored as part of Family Sharing - What happens when removed a member?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.