Why does it show a green box/rectangle when double-clicking videos on Safari?

I am new to the MacOS (literally bought the MacBook yesterday) and now running into a weird green screen whenever double clicking on videos to enter fullscreen. I'm using safari and have only since tested this on YouTube. Is there something wrong with the MacBook?

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 26, 2023 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 9:42 PM

I am not new to macOS and it never occurred to me to double-click a video element in Safari, so I'm not sure what that action is supposed to do. To make a video occupy a full screen usually requires clicking an icon that resembles a rectangle, or the green button present in the upper left of windowed apps.

To learn more about that as well as other subjects, read Use apps in full screen on Mac - Apple Support. Since your Mac is new, you can also avail yourself of Apple's complimentary 90 day phone or chat support, who can walk you through that subject or anything else. You may get an invitation by email, but if you did not you can request that one-on-one assistance by clicking Official Apple Support.

Enjoy your new Mac!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2023 9:42 PM in response to rbsbstn

I am not new to macOS and it never occurred to me to double-click a video element in Safari, so I'm not sure what that action is supposed to do. To make a video occupy a full screen usually requires clicking an icon that resembles a rectangle, or the green button present in the upper left of windowed apps.

To learn more about that as well as other subjects, read Use apps in full screen on Mac - Apple Support. Since your Mac is new, you can also avail yourself of Apple's complimentary 90 day phone or chat support, who can walk you through that subject or anything else. You may get an invitation by email, but if you did not you can request that one-on-one assistance by clicking Official Apple Support.

Enjoy your new Mac!

Why does it show a green box/rectangle when double-clicking videos on Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.